Instance Management Console (IMC) is a no-code experience tool included in the Empathy Platform Playboard. It lets you set up and configure the Empathy Platform instance, including the microservices.
An instance represents a customer implementation or one of the customer’s product catalogues.
This tool is available for Empathy Partners only. Check with your Empathy Alliance representative if you think you should be able to access this tool.
Getting started with the Instance Management Console
The IMC tool in the Empathy Platform Playboard lets you request a new Empathy Platform instance for a customer and configure the settings for the Tagging, Statistics, Conversational, and Search microservices, and manage your index. You can set up the Playboard and adjust the features available. You can view and manage the configuration of existing instances as required.
To access the Instance Management Console, click the arrow on the right of your instance logo placed on the top left corner. A menu with several options will be unfolded. Select Instance management and you will be redirected to the console.
Only Playboard users with administrator permissions for Instance Management can request and edit instance configurations.
To ease the process of setting up each microservice, instance configuration is divided into seven key areas:
- Index: displays the list of the latest index jobs executed by the Search microservice allowing monitoring and managing them.
- X-controls: configures the display of the vector recommendations' carousels that are shown mostly when a query has no results and inspirations semantically related to this initial query are retrieved to solve this fallback.
- Tagging: determines the parameters sent in the events to the Tagging microservice and the validations performed on tagging events.
- Statistics: displays the settings that are used to report metrics in the Statistics microservice.
- Playboard: customizes the dashboard for the customer and links the Playboard to the Search & Tagging microservices.
- Conversational services: determines the settings for the batch processes that generate suggestions and intent models for contextualization.
- Search: configures the features and endpoints to be used by the Search microservice.
In some cases, you may only need to complete the fields when you configure the microservices for the first time. In other cases, you can change the settings as required to modify the microservice’s behavior.
The Instance ID for the customer’s implementation is displayed on the right side of the window.
The microservices that have not been configured and enabled are indicated in the side menu as Disabled. As you complete the configuration for each microservice, you need to enable each microservice individually using the Enabled toggle switch. If you choose to disable a microservice at any stage (for example, you don’t want to use conversational services), the status of the corresponding microservice is indicated in the side menu.
For a snapshot of how the microservices interact in Empathy Platform, check out the interactive map.
Steps to request and set up the instance
If you want to create an instance for a new customer, you need to complete these steps: